Monday, December 27, 2010
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Celebrating at Chuck E. Cheese!
Chase asked to play soccer this year so we signed him up and he was super excited to go to his first practice. After the first practice, he said "I'm done with soccer." We made him finish what he started and I am almost positive he will not want to play next year. Although he complained before every practice and before every game, he seemed to have fun once he got there. He was the youngest player on his team and it showed! The entire last game consisted of one hour of watching Chase run from his very own shadow. He could have cared less. We were so glad to see the season end!
Patrick is beginning to shift from a silly little boy to a not so silly little boy. Of course when he is with friends or around girls he is still very silly but I am seeing a glimpse of something different. Just a couple of days ago both boys had acted out while at Lowes and they were told to go straight to their room when we got home. I put away my things, fixed dinner...you know, giving them time to think about how many licks they were going to get. As I walked down the hall I heard them discussing the events that led to this. As I walked in, I was surprised to see them calmly sitting next to one another reading. Patrick had found the following bible verse and was talking to Chase about it. "Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right." Eph. 6:11 Wow! I'm not sure if he thought this would get him a free pass or if he really, finally "got it", but it was very encouraging for me to see! By the way, they both still got spankings, 2 licks each. Chase cried before it was even his turn. Which brings me to a another funny thought. Randy was out of town and the boys had been in bed for awhile, Chase had gotten up several times already when I warned him with "if you get up again, I will spank your tail." He quickly informs me, "Mommy, I don't have a tail, I only have bones." It quickly became one of those moments where you scoop 'em up and tickle them all the way back to bed because they are so dang cute and you can't help but love 'em!
Monday, July 26, 2010
We had a great time riding bikes, playing putt putt and eating a ton of yummy food!
We will return to Hilton Head in the future, but only after a trip to our beautiful Gulf!
Saturday, July 24, 2010
First grade picture...where did my baby go?
Friday, July 16, 2010
Don't know about anyone else but I can totally picture a little girl poking her head in between mine and Randy's...sigh.
My sweet boys!
Chase calls this a wish flower.
Thursday, July 8, 2010
1. His favorite food is sushi...yes, raw fish. He chose Ono Grill for his birthday dinner and ate 12 pieces of sushi.
2. He hates it when he can feel his sock seams while wearing shoes. We have been through so many socks and he will not wear them if he feels the seams, but he refuses to go sockless.
3. He hates taking baths...he doesn't understand why he needs more than 1 a week. I have often wondered how long he would go without taking one if I did not insist.
4. He is very sentimental. So much that he saved the firework cartridges after July 4th, would rather keep his lost teeth than surrender them for money, and the older his clothes and shoes are..the better he likes them.
5. He loves to read and I am so thankful because I don't like to read and I blame it on a lack of reading when I was younger.
6. He is by far the slowest 7 year old in the world...I am willing to bet on that one! I can't figure it out and I can't seem to make him go any faster, I promise I have tried!
7. He wants to be an exchange student one day...oh me ) =
Sunday, February 14, 2010
We had a fun day but would rather have been in Maine.